Knowing your metabolic needs is the key to your weight loss success!
What is metabolic testing?
Testing a person's metabolic rate will determine exactly how many calories you need to eat to lose weight.
Retesting over time will reveal if your metabolism has been affected by dieting and exercise.
The only way to really know if someone is burning fat is to test their metabolism. A weight loss plan must be individualized.
When it comes to weight loss, there is no such thing as "one size fits all." Each person's metabolism is different based on genetics, eating habits, and fitness level.
Each person gains weight for a variety of physical, emotional, and environmental factors. Charts and averages are not always an effective ways to construct a diet plan.
Cardiocoach measures resting metabolic rate. It is important that you be able to reach a resting state during your test. You should avoid activities such as exercise or stressful situations that will prevent you from relaxing for at least two hours prior to your test.
Once you have established what your body requires it's time to get a personalized eating plan.
How to prepare for the test?
- You cannot eat for at least 4 hours prior to the test (8-12 hours is preferable).
- You cannot exercise (cardiovascular or strength training) for at least 4 hours prior to the test (8-12 hours is preferable).
- You cannot consume caffeine for at least 3 hours prior to the test.
- You cannot consume nutritional supplements or medications containing ephedra, Ma Huang, or pseudo ephedrine for at least 2 hours prior to the test.
- You cannot consume nicotine for at least 1 hour before the test.
You must be resting for 10-15 minutes before the test is administered. This means you are at a relaxed state..
Testing your metabolic rate will determine exactly how many calories you should consume to lose, maintain, or even gain weight.
This is an excellent option if you want to pinpoint what caloric range you should stay within.
I would like to schedule an appointment.